I strongly support improving federal funding for key tribal services. More recently, helped secure the following funding increases in the House-passed Fiscal Year 2021 spending package:
- $6.5 billion for the Indian Health Service.
- $39 million for Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities.
- $2.5 million for HUD/VA Supportive Housing for Homeless Native American Veterans
I also supported in the CARES Act, a first step in providing much needed relief for Tribal communities during the pandemic, including:
- $8 billion from the Coronavirus Relief Fund for tribal governments.
- Includes tribes as eligible recipients for fishery relief assistance.
- $1.032 billion in additional Indian Health Service funding for COVID-19 response efforts.
- $69 million to the Bureau of Indian Education for COVID-19 response activities.